The contest is now accepting applications and deadline is September 23.
Tele Atlas announced that the Tele Atlas Maps in Apps 2007 contest is now accepting applications. Maps in Apps is part of the Tele Atlas LBS Innovators Series, an ongoing program held in conjunction with Tele Atlas DeveloperLink to help foster innovation and enable application developers to increase their visibility, credibility and success with key participants in the industry including investors, carriers and technology providers.
“Location information can enhance mobile applications of all kinds and through Maps in Apps, our distinct new LBS Innovators Series program, we are aiming to promote innovation and support the developer community as they pursue the vast potential of improving application functionality through geographic relevance,” said Al Cooley, senior director, global tools and services, Tele Atlas. “Tele Atlas is working to drive market development, advance mapping technology and enable mobile mapping experiences that will create a truly ‘user-centric’ experience.”
The Maps in Apps 2007 contest was created to help spur the growth of consumer and business applications that utilize mapping or location to enhance functionality. The contest entails:
* WHO: Participation is open to all mobile application developers using Tele Atlas data.
* WHAT: Up to three finalist applications will be showcased on websites and in the Tele Atlas booth at CTIA IT 2007; visitors and attendees will vote for their favorite application. One grand prize winner will be awarded $25,000 in cash and $50,000 in Tele Atlas map data; two runners up each will receive $10,000 in cash and $20,000 in Tele Atlas map data.
* WHEN: Registration is open through September 23, 2007.
* WHERE: To learn more about the Tele Atlas LBS Innovators Series, including submission instructions for Maps in Apps 2007, and information on Tele Atlas DeveloperLink, please visit http://www.teleatlas.com/LBSseries
Maps in Apps is the latest program made available to developers through the LBS Innovators Series. Additional Tele Atlas programs for developers include:
* Tele Atlas DeveloperLink: Designed to provide Internet, mobile and other next-generation application developers access to technology, business tools and services that can help reduce their time to market and increase their potential for success, the program features an expanding library of sample map data and applications, technical tools and business information. Launched in the spring of 2006, the Tele Atlas DeveloperLink community has grown more than 240 percent in the past twelve months to over 1,000 active participants – one of the world’s largest community of geographic application developers.
* Tele Atlas ContentLink: Through Tele Atlas ContentLink, developers have the flexibility to increase product appeal by tailoring and personalizing products for specific groups based on demographics, geographic regions and interests through a continually expanding catalogue of location-related content. This unique Web-based program links application developers with providers of this specialized content, and provides the technologies both groups need to improve the quality and marketability of their products.