TeleNav GPS Navigator, with turn-by-turn voice and on-screen 3D driving directions, is now available for a variety of BlackBerry smartphones in Europe.
TeleNav has unveiled the European version of TeleNav GPS Navigator at the 3GSM World Congress conference in Barcelona. Mobile customers in more than 15 European countries can now receive the benefits of an in-car navigation system combined with the added convenience and portability of mobile phones. TeleNav GPS Navigator, immediately available on a variety of BlackBerry smartphones - including the new BlackBerry 8800 - includes GPS-enabled, turn-by-turn voice and on-screen driving directions, addresses and directions to business and community locations, as well as full-colour, 3D moving maps.
“Our navigation application is mobile, easy-to-use, feature-rich and less expensive than in-car systems or personal navigation devices,” said Ian Tredgett, business director for TeleNav’s European operations. “Through strong customer adoption, we have proven our leadership in the United States, China and Latin America. Now we are thrilled to be extending our services to mobile users in Europe as well.”
Features of TeleNav GPS Navigator include:
• Voice and on-screen turn-by-turn driving directions – Customers key in their destination, or preplan it on www.telenav.eu, and TeleNav GPS Navigator calculates their route. As they drive, they will get up-to-the minute guidance and will automatically be re-routed if they miss a turn. Users can also preview their routes before they begin driving and specify preferences including avoiding motorways and taking the shortest or fastest route.
• Full-colour 3D moving maps – Drivers can see colourful maps of their current location or an entered address and can pan and zoom around the map to view surrounding streets.
• Biz Finder – Users can look up businesses and services, including ATMs, Wi-Fi hot spots, restaurants, hotels and petrol stations and either easily navigate to them with the click of a button or place a telephone call to them from their handset.
• Spot Marker – Customers can mark waypoints to help find their way back to a location or to mark points of interest.
• Pedestrian mode –TeleNav GPS Navigator can also be used while walking, to help guide users on long walks or through crowded city centre streets.
• My Favorites – Users can save many addresses for easy access in the future.
TeleNav GPS Navigator is available immediately in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Ten latest articles from Navigation