StartAboutSponsorsAdvertisingContact
Layar Introduces Augmented Reality Content Store
A global community of 3,000 publishers and developers has already published more than 500 layers for the platform.
The Layar Reality Browser is the leading augmented reality platform for mobile phones with more than 1.6 million users worldwide. The free Layar Reality Browser is available on Android devices and iPhone 3GS. The Layar Platform is available for anyone to create their own Augmented Reality experiences. A global community of 3,000 publishers and developers has already published more than 500 layers for the platform and over 2,000 are in development.

On April 28, 2010, Layar introduced a new revenue stream in Augmented Reality. Publishers on the Layar platform now have the possibility to offer priced Augmented Reality experiences through the new content store that is seamlessly integrated into the Layar Reality Browser. The Layar Payment Platform supports multiple payment providers and multiple currencies. Layar deals with legal, administrative and tax rules enabling the publisher to focus on creating valuable experiences. The first payment provider is PayPal, supporting payments to residents of United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. More countries, currencies, payment methods and payment providers will be added regularly.

The first publishers to seize the opportunity include among others:

Berlitz City Guides: Berlitz helps people experience the city’s highlights including the best attractions, restaurants, most comfortable hotels, coolest places to shop and most fashionable nightlife.

Mouse Reality for Disney World and Disneyland: Helps find and navigate all attractions, shows, shops, dining and transportation in Disneyland and Disney World.

EyeTour: Explore Puerto Rico’s natural beauty and rich cultural heritage through exclusive video content of historical sites, museums, restaurants and parks.

UK sold prices: Sold House Price Data 2010 – Check the latest UK residential Sold Price information as recorded by the Land Registry while on the move.

Publishers can start selling their content without upfront investments. Layar facilitates payments between the end-user and the publisher. Publishers receive 60 percent of the net proceeds. The costs for the platform, legal, administration, banking and others are covered by the remaining 40 percent.
LI2014
© Copyright LBS Insight 2004-2015. All rights reserved.
LBS Insight, Viktoriagatan 3, 411 25 Gothenburg, Sweden,
info@lbsinsight.com  Legal Notice  Privacy Policy
LBS Insight  M2M Insight  OSS Insight
MWC2014_120x600
SM16_120x600_v2.jpg