Two runners-up also selected by the judging panel include Mobitee and M2Mobi.
NAVTEQ has announced at an award ceremony that Mobilizy is the Grand Prize Winner of the Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) edition of the 2010 NAVTEQ Global LBS Challenge. Austrian-based Mobilizy Gmbh won with their mobile LBS application, Wikitude Drive, which is a turn-by-turn navigation system based on NAVTEQ maps that utilises an augmented reality camera mode and text-to-speech instructions. Mobilizy was the top winner over eleven other finalists who were each evaluated by a distinguished panel of judges comprised of executives from leading wireless and technology companies.
Two Runners-Up also selected by the judging panel include:
* First Runner-Up: Mobitee, France – Mobitee is a GPS golf assistant that allows you to find the nearest golf course, follow route guidance via NAVTEQ maps, know the distance to each green and calculate your score.
* Second Runner-Up: M2Mobi, The Netherlands – Nulaz is a social information source that allows you to see where people, places and events are located around you.
The Grand Prize Winner for EMEA as well as First and Second Runners-Up received over € 1.4 million worth of prizes combined from NAVTEQ and sponsors in addition to an opportunity for worldwide exposure for their LBS application.
In addition to the overall winners, special recognition awards were presented by NAVTEQ for outstanding achievements in specific categories:
* Best Use of Location-Based Advertising: Telmap, Israel - Telmap5
* Best Touch User Interface Application: ZorroGPS, China – ZorroGPS Live
* Best API Creation: Mobilizy GmbH, Austria – Wikitude Drive
Special recognition awards were also presented by event sponsors for outstanding achievements. Mobitee won two sponsor-awarded recognitions including:
* Best App for Use of Tanla License Manager, selected by global sponsor Tanla.
* Most Innovative Use of Graphics, selected by global award sponsor Imagination Technologies.
Ten latest articles from Maps and Content