The Fiat Punto Evo will be the first car model to offer Blue&Me - TomTom, with the solution later extended to other cars.
TomTom recently unveiled all details of the Blue&Me – TomTom, an integrated infotainment system with a portable navigation device co-developed with Fiat Group Automobiles. The Blue&Me – TomTom will deliver award-winning navigation technology to Fiat drivers by integrating it into multiple car models of Fiat Group Automobiles.
Developed to work seamlessly with the Blue&Me infotainment system, the device - thanks to the collaboration of Magneti Marelli that supported its integration - is an ideal addition to the dashboard and gives the driver even more from their navigation solution. As a result, it incorporates unique features designed to make the navigation experience simple, safe, effective and enjoyable.
* Steering wheel button control allows drivers to control the device without having to take their hands off the steering wheel.
* Hands-free calling means that users can operate their mobile phone via Blue&Me and the voice of the caller is transmitted via the car speakers.
* eco:Drive Info gives real-time information on driving style and suggestions for reducing environmental impact and optimising fuel consumption.
* Low fuel warning will show the driver the nearest petrol station when the Blue&Me system detects a low fuel level in the tank.
* Enhanced trip view gives drivers a clear view on all trip information, including average speed, fuel consumption and mileage driven at a glance.
* Specially-designed customisations, including start-up screen, Points of Interest, icons and menus. A special Points of Interest category shows petrol stations that offer natural gas.
* TomTom’s unique technologies, like IQ Routes™ to give drivers the confidence they have the fastest route, whatever the time or day.*
The device is integrated into the car through a dash dock, developed and produced by Magneti Marelli, which guarantees safety and stylish integration, and from which the device can be easily removed for use in other cars.
The Blue & Me – TomTom will offer maps of 45 European countries. It will be available in Q4 2009.
Users will be able to update their device regularly by connecting to a co-branded version of TomTom HOME desktop software. This will also give them the opportunity to get new maps and content, including voices, POI sets, splash screens and icons.
Ten latest articles from Navigation