A monthly subscription to OrangeGPS is USD 6 for unlimited use.
LocatioNet have announced that Orange Israel have launched a new and advanced version of OrangeGPS. The new version is a major enhancement to the existing successful implementation of OrangeGPS in Israel.
The new version of orangeGPS is based on LocatioNet’s ‘amAze’ service and provides all the following features, capable to work on every mass-market Java-enabled mobile phone:
* Full turn-by-turn voice guided GPS navigation
* Colorful display of detailed street maps, aerial photos and topographic maps
* Navigation over any type of map including map rotating option
* Best route calculations based on real-time traffic conditions
* Real-time traffic indication over all types of maps
* Multi-language support on both user interface and voices
* Search in the comprehensive Israeli Yellow Pages database
* Multi-action on each searched item:
* Navigation with one click
* View on map or aerial photo
* Make a voice call with one click
* View more details (text, image, video)
* Get coupons from Yellow Pages businesses
* Add item to favorites list
OrangeGPS is pre-installed by Orange Israel on all the supported handsets sold on their network. The application is offered to users who wish to activate it under a monthly subscription of 21.00 NIS (US$6.00) for unlimited use. It works well with either handsets that has an internal GPS or via external Bluetooth GPS.
“We are very pleased with the new version of orangeGPS” said Ofir Yaffe, Head of Product Marketing at Partner Communications Ltd., the orange branded operator in Israel “We have seen a great success with the previous version of orangeGPS and we are sure that with all the new features offered by this new version it will become the solution of choice for anyone who wish to enjoy a superior navigation service over the mobile phone with the most economic price available today”, he added.
“We believe that orangeGPS provides the best navigation, mapping and information service in the market today. The variety of maps, the wealth of yellow pages information and the accurate navigation with real-time traffic are offered with the most economical pricing structure. The solution always provides the user with the most updated maps and information available” said Ofer Tziperman, President of LocatioNet “This new version is yet another step in making the ‘amAze’ family of services the best in the industry. We’ll keep enhancing the solution and come up with new versions every once in a while to make sure the Orange users always get the best possible navigation service” he added.