Based on the business potential of their LBS applications, seven companies were nominated by Tele Atlas and selected by Dow Jones to present their new location-based solutions to venture capitalists and industry experts at the 2008 conference.
Tele Atlas has announced the finalists of the Tele Atlas LBS Innovators Series event held in conjunction with the Wireless Innovations Conference produced by Dow Jones VentureWire at Hotel Sofitel. The 2008 finalists offer LBS applications that range from real estate, local information and shopping, and enhancement technologies including 3D visualization, application enablement and speech technology.
Based on the business potential of their LBS applications, seven companies were nominated by Tele Atlas and selected by Dow Jones to present their new location-based solutions to venture capitalists and industry experts at the 2008 conference. This exclusive opportunity is a key component of Tele Atlas LBS Innovators Series, an ongoing program held in conjunction with Tele Atlas DeveloperLink to help foster innovation and enable application developers to expand their visibility, credibility and success with key participants in the industry including investors, carriers and technology providers. The featured finalists are:
* Intelligent Spatial Technologies, developers of patented location-based services and technologies that allow users to “point” their cell phones and receive information about selected buildings, landmarks, and points of interest (POIs).
* Knowtate, Inc., the creator of a patented solution that hyperlinks anything in the physical world to bring the power of the online world to the real world and enables wireless users to interact with the hyperlinked objects.
* Planet 9 Studios, the developer of RayGun, the first 3D navigation, friend finding and social networking application, enabling users to share their mobile position, see their friends as 3D avatars and communicate with them via SMS or VOIP.
* Pongr, a technology company delivering an enhanced shopping and info-tainment experience by combining mobile phones, the Web and the physical world, offering mobile location-based ads and empowering mobile consumers to quickly and easily check prices via text messaging, mobile cameras and mobile email.
* Smarter Agent, a service that combines mobile location technology, such as GPS, with information about real estate, neighborhoods and interesting places around a given location.
* Speak With Me, Inc., a voice-activated technology company that provides a natural language search platform for mobile and embedded devices enabling users to speak to their devices in natural tones.
* Spime, a leading provider of end-to-end location-enabling technologies and solutions such as turn-by-turn navigation, location widget platform and secure user plane for location (SUPL) to mobile handset OEMs and ODMs, mobile network operators, LBS platform providers, mobile handheld application developers and semiconductor manufacturers.
Ten latest articles from Maps and Content