The service is available on a variety of BlackBerry smartphones.
T-Mobile has announced it is the first operator in the UK to launch TeleNav GPS Navigator, the award winning GPS satnav system for mobile phones. Developed by TeleNav, the service is immediately available on a variety of BlackBerry smartphones on T-Mobile and includes GPS-enabled, turn-by-turn voice and on-screen driving directions, addresses and directions to business and community locations, as well as full-colour, 3D moving maps. T-Mobile customers will now receive the benefits of an in-car navigation system combined with the added convenience and portability of mobile phones.
“We are delighted to be the first operator to offer this solution to our Blackberry users, GPS navigation is becoming more popular each year and, through TeleNav, we can offer T-Mobile customers a service that is even better than traditional navigation devices,” said Daniel Meredith, head of Handset and Device Marketing, T-Mobile UK.
Features of TeleNav GPS Navigator include:
* Voice and on-screen turn-by-turn driving directions – Customers key in their destination, or preplan it on www.telenav.eu, and TeleNav GPS Navigator calculates their route. As they drive, they will get up-to-the minute guidance and will automatically be re-routed if they miss a turn. Users can also preview their routes before they begin driving and specify preferences including taking the shortest or fastest route and if they want TeleNav to speak the street names.
* Full-colour 3D moving maps – Drivers can see colourful maps of their current location or an entered address and can pan and zoom around the map to view surrounding streets.
* Biz Finder – Users can look up businesses and services, including ATMs, Wi-Fi hot spots, restaurants, hotels and petrol stations and either easily navigate to them with the click of a button or place a telephone call to them from their handset.
* Spot Marker – Customers can mark waypoints to help find their way back to a location or to mark points of interest.
Pedestrian mode –TeleNav GPS Navigator can also be used while walking, to help guide users on long walks or through crowded city centre streets.
* My Favorites – Users can save many addresses for easy access in the future.
“There is no reason that anyone needs to invest in an expensive, in-car navigation system or a separate navigation device anymore,” said Ian Tredgett, business director for TeleNav’s European operations. “TeleNav GPS Navigator offers T-Mobile customers the same peace of mind and even more features. We developed our solution to exceed customer expectations, and we look forward to delighting T-Mobile customers with our commitment to service and satisfaction.”
Ten latest articles from Navigation